When Mira got back from China she found her parents had expanded the barn and added a full extra storey and a covered area for the horse stalls.
She didn't have long to see what they'd done as it was nearly time for Nia to grow up.
Once Nia had grown up, Mira spent some time cuddling her
And playing some tickling games.
Once she'd put Nia to bed, the adults sat down to a family meal and Mira told her parents all about her adventures in Shang Simla.
Mira was keen to keep up her Sim Fu now she was back from China and was delighted to discover that the workout dummy and board breaker she'd ordered had already arrived.
Meanwhile, Tamara had brought Nia outdoors to teach her how to walk. Nia seemed to really love being outdoors with all the different sights and sounds.
When Mira started feeling sick partway through the afternoon, she thought that the cake she'd eaten must have been a bit rich.
So she went back outside and continued practising.
It wasn't until a little while later that she realised that her sickness was actually a sign that she was pregnant.
She immediately phoned Liang to tell him the news and he was absolutely delighted and promised to do his absolute best to make it over to Dragon Falls in time for the birth. There were special wards they could put up around the Dragon Cave to keep things safe for short periods.
Not long after Mira discovered she was pregnant, Joshua's birthday came around. He still didn't like strangers much so it was just Tamara and Mira there to celebrate with him.
Once the birthday celebrations were over, Mira told her parents about her news. They were delighted but a little concerned when she told them the father of her unborn child was unable to come and live with her.
Joshua in particular was concerned, remembering his childhood with only his mother around, but he put that to one side to feel his daughter's tummy and soon found himself excited at the prospect of another grandchild.
As they all sat down to dinner, Tamara finally got round to explaining the new extension on the barn to Mira.
"We thought that since you're a grown adult now you should have your own space so we've extended the barn and added a nice little granny flat above it. We were going to wait until Nia got a little older before moving over there but in the circumstances we'll move over there now and take Nia with us."
"Oh Mum, you don't have to do that! The two of you shouldn't be up all hours of the night with a toddler at your age..."
"Oh don't be silly, it's not like we have jobs to go to, the horse races aren't until the evening and Joshua can garden any time of the day or night. Besides, you shouldn't be up looking after your sister's child when you're pregnant with your own".
Despite her pregnancy, Mira found time to take Nia over to the public library and read lots of toddler books to her. She was determined that Nia should suffer as little as possible from the lack of her parents in her life.
Meanwhile, with Mira having taken Nia out of the house, Tamara invited Menolly over to see how she was getting on. When she arrived it was clear that she also was pregnant.
"Yes, it's Tyson Marlin's, but we've parted ways already. He needn't think that me having his baby means he has any claim over me"
"Well, I'm delighted to have another grandchild, especially since Mira is having a baby too, but don't think you can leave this child with us too. We were happy to take Nia under the circumstances but this was all your choice and you're going to have to live with the consequences."
Menolly rolled her eyes at that, "Yes, Mum, I know and I had no intention of asking you to bring this child up for me. I don't suppose though that you'd let me have one of the kittens? Smudge is getting awfully old now and I'd love a kitten..."
"Of course you can dear, didn't we promise you that?"
Mira's pregnancy continued very normally and she spent a lot of time reading about what to expect through the pregnancy and once her child was born. She couldn't exercise the way she wanted to while she was pregnant and reading helped take her mind off the fact that Liang hadn't made it over yet.
Joshua and Tamara meanwhile had moved into their new set of rooms over the barn and had taken Nia along with them where they continued to teach her important skills like using the potty properly
And Tamara spent ages teaching her how to talk and reading out loud to her.
Liang eventually made it over to Dragon Falls and was greeted outside the house by Joshua who overcame his fear of strangers in order to make sure that Liang was going to treat his daughter properly!It turned out Liang hadn't arrived a moment too soon as Mira went into labour shortly after. She refused to go to hospital saying that she was fine and they only needed to go if there were any problems with the delivery. As it turned out there were no problems, but there was a significant surprise as Mira gave birth not to one child but to triplets! She, Liang and Joshua took the babies up to the nursery she'd prepared earlier (after Joshua quickly got two old cots out of storage)
In all the excitement, the family almost missed Tamara ageing up to an elder but Joshua made it over there just in time.
(Including Beauty ageing from a foal which I couldn't find space for in the story)
- Nathaniel McKinley got a job in the military
- Scarlett McKinley aged to Adult and got a job as an equestrian
- Pacey Harris got a part-time job in the supermarket
- Gary Fields-Vamp and Irish Marlin went steady for a while but then split up
- Menolly Clemetis got pregnant by Tyson Marlin and then split up with him
- Harper Harris adopted a pet cat called Bodica
- Quyhn Sperie got a job as a professional sportswoman
- Raindrop Ocean and Anastasia McKinley started dating
- Fabio Sabo adopted a cat called Elwood, and started dating Adalyn Sperie (who had aged to YA and got a job in business), she got pregnant and they got married and changed their names to Sperie-Sabo
- Adabella Sperie aged to YA and got a job as a professional writer
- Adamina Sperie aged to YA and got a job as a cook
- Dasia Harris-Crist got a job in the music industry
- Blue Mitchell got a job in the military and adopted a kitten called Snowshoe
- Ryan Crist aged to YA and got a job as a professional sportsman
- Derrick and Dasia Harris-Crist had a baby boy called Rian
- The McKinleys adopted two foals called Boogie and Clark
- Danya Crist aged to Adult
- Seirian Roman aged to Adult
- Ellis Harris aged to YA and got a job in the fire service
- Tylar Marlin aged to YA and got a job in business
- Scarlett and Elijah McKinley are expecting another baby
- Isadora Marlin and Nathaniel McKinley started dating
- Tylar Marlin and Ryan Crist split up
- Glimmer Sabo aged to YA (but hasn't got a job yet)